Graham Hancock

 Thank you Graham Hancock; sorry it’s taken so long 


Hi Eric -- I see, I hadn't connected the dots. So you are the grandson of Eugene Seaich!! Please write to me at my personal email address, xxxxxxxxxgmail.com so that we can be in touch. I would like to put up an article about your grandad's book on my website and then draw further attention to it through my fb pages. This would be an article that you would need to write, and it could include the personal account you relate about. Indeed your finding of the manuscript of this book and doing the necessary to get it out there is a very exciting story in itself. Again: xxxxxxxx@gmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you. 


Hi Graham it’s been a long time but I finally got some of my story and hope your still interested? Awesome if you could get Joe Rogan a copy of The Far-Off Land.  I know he would enjoy it.


Psychedelics have been of such importance in my life. LSD helped me to feel more serene on an everyday basis. It enhanced my ability to improve emotional reactions to difficult situations. My veiws converge with that of my grandfather who wrote: "During the psychedelic experience, one is frequently obliged to undergo such an encounter with the naked soul, robbed of its “outer-directed” pretensions and driven by the need to rationally cope with the material released from the inner consciousness. The nature of this encounter necessarily varies with the subject, but since one’s visions are but projections of the self, the self is inevitably forced to evaluate its own image, resulting in varying degrees of apprehension. Anxieties, fears, practiced deceits, and neurotic habits, all emerge under a powerful magnifying lens, along with the illusions that constitute one’s appraisal of reality. To be brought face to face with one’s own defects may be a terrifying experience, but the truthfulness of LSD and mescaline is such that it does not spare the beholder unpleasant facts regarding himself. Self-modification appear to be the main enablers of personal growth and of ability to achieve goals, which is equivalent to intelligence." Anything that enhances conscious discovery should be publicly accessible and celebrated. 


In addition, there is a significant body of evidence that suggest psychedelics to improve well-being, reduce depression, curb anxiety, and heal addictions. It is important to understand the fact that LSD is grouped into the “harmful and illegal drug” category whereas alcohol is not — is an accidental, historical relic. There is no objective scientific reason for this classification.

If the law was rational, guided by science rather than historical accident, psychedelics would be legal and alcohol would be banned.


I have been caught up in the drug war since I was initially given Ritalin while in the first grade. I had a great teacher who said he didn’t think I needed to be on the stimulant medication. So my parents took me off, and then my troubles began. That experience led me to see different Dr.'s who fed me all kinds of drugs. It wasn’t until I turned that I first discovered these magical substances I tried LSD and psilocybin. I knew at once, they were special. It was the most profound experience of my life. It's like, the trip never left me, and I receive it's benefits even to this day. For the first time, I realized I didn’t need the drugs they have been feeding me since the first grade (Ritalin). Also, that as a child, I was never taught proper interpersonal skills through my family dynamics. The drugs provided a solution- LSD showed me the underlying issues, taught me self reflection, I was able to finally quit drinking with the help psilocybin mushrooms and LSD. I am passionate about phychedellics, I couldn’t believe when I found out how that passion interconnected with a cause started by my grandfather back in 1955. 


When I was age 22, My mom gave me a copy of my Grandpa's autobiography. I was amazed. I could not believe what an extraordinary man my Grandpa was. Eugene had an incredible mind and spent his lifetime pursuing knowledge. He earned five degrees, including three Ph.D's in German, music, and pharmacology from the University of Utah, and in 1955 was awarded a Fulbright Scholarship to study abroad in Germany. The top religious Scholar spoke 6 languages, and composed two symphonies. 


I’ll never forget what I read that day.

Page 102 in his autobiography:


"During the late fifties, there was also a growing interest amongst the intelligentsia for the newly discovered drugs LSD and Mescaline. Writers like Aldous Huxley had begun to describe the remarkable effects which these chemicals of the brain, producing visions of beauty which he likened to beholding "The first morning of creation". The newspapers were also filled with accounts of famous personalities like Cary Grant, who had experimented successfully with them, and who reported their beneficial effects. Indeed, at the time, these substances were entirely legal, and no one tried to conceal them: and since the hippies had not yet discovered them, they were used solely by the educated and scientifically oriented. 


Five of my colleagues and I thus decided to contribute ten dollars each toward the purchase of 100 milligrams of LSD from K@K laboratories in New York City. When our tiny package arrived in the mail---in a vial no larger than a pencil stub---we took it to the chemistry department had it divided into portions, using a sensitive analytical balance We then took one to the pharmacy department and have it triturated with milk-sugar, so that it could be conveniently administered in capsules, each containing 50 mcg of LSD. I had a close friend also purchased a few grams of mescaline from K@K, which we wanted to compare to LSD 

The openness with which all this is done is shown by the great amount of professional help which was willingly given us. We obtained, for example, a large envelope full of instructions in the use of LSD from the prestigious Sandoz Company, the people who commercially manufactured it; and Dr. Goldman---the co-author of the world's leading text on pharmacology---gave us additionally for its administration. Today, any of these individuals would have immediately called for the police and have them arrested! 


Well-attended by families and friends, and forearmed with injectable Thorazine as a potential antidote, we took turns discovering that LSD was indeed a magical substance, just as the literature had described it. I recorded my own experience in a monograph entitled "The Far-Off Land", suggesting the depths of memory which the drug uncovered and released. It further taught me for the first time to perceive new beauty in Utah's barren landscape, which I suddenly realized was alive with pastel colors and exciting textures, none of which I had previously appreciated. Today I still see these subtle landscapes through illuminated eyes, an undeniable benefit of my revelatory experience. 


I was also fascinated by the curious phenomenon of automatic writing which the LSD produced. When I took notes, I simply pushed my wrist to the right, and my pen formed the words without conscious effort or direction. The writing, moreover, was much clearer than usual, and I only had to think of an idea in order to see it appear in legible symbols.


A couple of years later I gave an account of my experience before the faculty and students of the pharmacy department, still unafraid of being accused of criminal behavior. (It should, of course, be reemphasized that our experiments were undertaken under cautious circumstances and that the casual drug taker should not attempt to medicate himself without a proper antidote at hand, should the results be disorienting. But administered under favorable conditions and with supervision, LSD can hardly lead to the use of other drugs. Certainly, it is not a "Gateway Drug" which creates a desire for other substances, for one emerges quite exhausted from a typical experience, which lasts six or eight hours, and which produces whatever for a repetition of the experience.) My talk was eventually reprinted in the Utah Pharmaceutical Journal."


I was in awe and wanted to read his monologue! But having a rigid LDS family, I knew it was too taboo to even ask. 


My grandpa passed in 2006, and while going through his massive library, I discovered this, out of place, hand typed treasure, "The Far Off Land". From the monent I read it, my mission became clear- further my Grandfather's cause, get his research published, and release the truth about the healing powers of psychedelics. 

.......................................................


Eugene knew-from his own experience he writes about in the book-the potential psychedelics have to enhance our lives. Science now is just beginning to prove the things that Seaich suspected back in the 1950's!


These writings are so powerful and unique: today's accounts are from the narrow view of a researcher's peception of someone else's experience. These books, however, many can join Seaich-a man of scholar- first hand as he journeys into his own psyche, and experience directly the result of this life changing research. 


Being an advocate for my grandfather and psychedelics has not been easy, however, This is an important book I self published despite my families wishes. nearly being disowned. Family is against me, unsupportive and seams like dark forces are working against me doing what I think is the right thing to do.


Special thanks to Stanley Krippner and George Douvris for the reviews and Janeen Stratton I love you! Thanks for helping me write this. 


"THE FAR OFF LAND", Eugene Seaich discusses the perennially fascinating topic of such mind-altering drugs as mescaline, psilocybin, and LSD, both how they appear in Nature and in the laboratory. This road has been traveled before, but Seaich takes a fascinating detour. He goes back millennia, glimpses the future, and goes deeply within his own psyche to assess how his life was changed by these chemicals. The reader might start reading about this "far off land," thinking that is an exotic destination. But after a few chapters, the engrossing prose will be reminiscent of one's home turf."

- Stanley Krippner, Ph.D. Co-author DEMYSTIFYING SHAMANS AND THEIR WORLD


The Far-Off land by Eugene Seaich (Paperback) - Lulu http://bit.ly/lsdexp



"Eugene Seaich's THE FAR-OFF Land (An Attempt At a Philosophical Evaluation of the Hallucinogenic Drug Experience) is a gem of a book which is short enough to be read in a day and with enough substance to feed the reader's head and soul for a lifetime. Written over 50 years ago, this little known work is now seeing the light of day and has all the attributes of becoming a classic of psychedelic literature. Connecting with eloquent style and sensitivity the portals of psychology, philosophy, cultural anthropology and spirituality, Seaich discusses and brings closer to our access an awareness of a "far-off land" whose essence is both dream and primal human identity. Poets and religions only offer a small glimpse of such a place while our psyche thirsts for its often forgotten nurturance. We are fortunate that Eugene's grandson Eric Hendrickson has surfaced the FAR-OFF LAND and I invite everyone interested in understanding a higher calling to reflect on the text which also can be of expansive help in navigating to those ports of our long lost homeland."


Here's the specifics of what your donation will go toward:

Publishing cost, book materials, transcribing expenses (taking photographed images of his hand typed writtings and put them into digital form) book promotion, marketing, distribution, actively donate for medical legalization, research, and education on medical micro dosing. 


Thanks for any donations and for sharing my message. Your help is greatly appreciated.  


Psychedelic Awareness  https://bit.ly/3nOkj2G

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psychedelic Awareness

LSD Experience

A consciousness catalyst?